We are Heene Road Vets and your client data is important to us and we take our responsibilities of protecting your data very seriously.
- Under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) our lawful basis on processing data is necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by us or a third party,except where such interests are overridden by the interests, rights or freedoms of the data subject.
- Client data is collected when you register with the practice -either by telephone, walking in to the surgery or by registering on line. We take every possible action to maintain the security of your data & are GDPR compliant.
- Data is only stored on our practice management system on the cloud by a company that is GDPR compliant. We will use your data to send you vaccination reminders in the form of texts, emails & post and occasional news letters or specific services or products tailored to your pet’s needs.
- We will only share client data with companies dealing directly with your pet needs e.g. Laboratories, insurance companies(both to register your pet for free insurance-with your permission and to make claims-either by paper or electronically), Health Plan registration-with your permission, microchip registration, on line monitoring services e.g. diabetic, osteoarthritis-with your permission & text/e mail reminder services.
- Our web site uses Google Analytics to track data.
- You should contact the practice by telephone(01903 200187) or by e mailing firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to obtain a copy of all the data we hold on you or you wish to be forgotten.
- We will normally retain data for the length of time you are registered with us.
- When you notify us that you are leaving the practice we will archive your data -which means you will no longer receive communications from us. If you have not visited the surgery for 5 years we will archive your data -which means you will no longer receive communications from us.
- You have a right to complain to the ICO if you think there is a problem with the way we are handling your data